A couple of days ago, the wonderful Erinys over at Harpy’s Nest nominated me and Yotaan for the Liebster Award! Thanks so much! It took a little while to get the whole thing together (I’m off on break so its been family time, and it’s really hard to motivate Yotaan sometimes), but here it is!
1. What’s your favourite line from a boss fight? Can be from any game with vocal boss mobs.
Fussypants: Let’s see, favorite boss line… hrmm. Well, I’ve always loved ‘Peppers!’ in Stormstout Brewery, but I think my favorite would have to be the ICC one with the dragon who yells, “I’ve opened a pourtal into the dreeeeeeam” purely because it is so ridiculous sounding! Really though, I love imitating all boss lines :)
Yotaan: Line from a boss fight? They talk? I’m listening to the WoW music!
2. What’s your comfort food? The one dish which always makes you feel happy and safe when you sit down with it.
Fussypants: Comfort food would have to be either my mom’s Cajun meatloaf or Kimchi Bowl Noodles (with added kimchi).
Yotaan: My fave comfort food includes anything with potatoes!
3. If you could only have one book, what would it be?
Fussypants: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, hands down.
Yotaan: This one is difficult, I read books all the time. If the Wheel of Time series were condensed into one gigantic book, that would be it.
4. Create a battle pet/non-combat pet for the game of your choice. What would it be and does it already exist in your chosen game world in one form or another?
Fussypants: I would create a miniature flying unicorn that poofs rainbows as a battle pet ability. I don’t think there is such a thing in WoW yet!
Yotaan: My WoW battle pet would be a wombat, ’cause that would be awesome.
5. Dinosaurs or Sharks?
Yotaan: Sharks (just been to the aquarium – favorite shark was the zebra shark.)
6. Favourite NPC in the game of your choice and why are they your favourite, what makes them special?
Fussypants: Sully ‘The Pickle’ McLeary and his horde counterpart Riko. They are the only NPCs that have made my laugh out loud at their jokes every time.
Yotaan: Favorite NPC from WoW -Mankirk, the poor guy.
7. From a Lore perspective, what’s your favourite WoW race?
Fussypants: From a lore perspective, draenei are my favorite race. They are noble and heroic, but have not been reduced to the sparkly perfection of vampires elves. They have such a great story with such depth, and are just SO DANG COOL! Basically, this is why.
Yotaan: By far my favorite WoW race are the Forsaken, which has been tough since Fussypants plays Alliance.
8. Do you play in silence or must you have music on? If the latter what sort of music makes up the soundtrack for your gaming?
Fussypants: Usually I play with the game sounds and music on because I really love the music of Pandaria and hearing what is happening helps me connect with the game better. But sometimes when I am farming or vegging out in a lower tiered LFR, I play alternative rock really loud.
Yotaan: As above, I like listening to the WoW music. My favorite zone for music is Grizzly Hills.
9. PvP or PvE?
Fussypants: PvE. I’ve tried several times to get into PvP, but the whole ‘you have to PvP your brains out and get the gear before you can give it a legitimate shot’ turns me away every time. Also, the ability to get really close to maxing out your character’s potential that PvE offers really satisfies my OC (Note: I actually don’t have OCD, but the skittles have to be color coded!! D: )
Yotaan: Both, but this expansion PVE much more than PVP.
10. Best and worst quest in-game?
Fussypants: Well, I have two favorite quests. The first would have to be that one in Vash’jir where you kill crabs for the lady in the cave. The quest itself is pretty standard, but the congratulations that the lady gives you is priceless.
“Why, <name>! What a surprise! “If anyone ever calls your character into question you be sure to send them my way. I’ll tell anyone who’ll listen that in my moment of need, you gave me a case of crabs… “
The first time I didn’t get the joke, but then I took health in school. The next time I did the quest (yes, I did Vash’jir on 3 characters, I know I’m crazy), I literally died. It’s so perfect! My other favorite quest is the one with Maximillion The absurdity of the quest (DRAGON!) is incredible, and the things that Maximillion says are hilarious! My least favorite quest is that one where you run half way across the zone to kill those animals missing vital body parts. No, not that one. The other one. The one you tried to hard to push out of your memory after you spent the better part of an hour trying to complete and ended up abandoning. Yeah, that one.
Yotaan: Way back in BC, when Yotaan was a budding Troll Shaman I really enjoyed the class specific quests to get your totems. Worse quest – I’m getting really tired of the “kill ten rats and bring them back to me” quests.
11. Ignoring WoW, what’s your favourite computer game?
Fussypants: Really, the game I play the most is WoW (despite what I have said), but I would say Sim City. I had the game installed on my computer for a couple of days, and it was totally awesome! And then it permanently crashed. Ah well, it was a great game while it lasted.
Yotaan: Hearthstone, by far.
Ok, now for the random facts part!
11 Random Facts About Fussypants!
- I sing. Hardcore. As in, I’ve-been-in-a-professional-grade-singing-group-for-half-my-life singing. Mostly we sing college level choir music (we are not a college level choir), and it’s pretty awesome!
- I can lick both my elbows (not at the same time) in real life. Apparently, that’s a one in a million skill!
Me if I were a gnome.
- I have really boy-short hair. It looks kinda like that ^
- When I grow up, I want to be either an author or an architect. Or an architecture critic. Best of both worlds!
- I don’t think I’ve ever played a warlock in-game. Ever. My mage-y-ness has kept me strong :D
I’m rather proud of this one
- I’ve moved three times in my life.
- I make my own earrings.
- My mom offered a slew of facts about me, none of which appeared on this list.
- I love drawing unicorns on birthday cards.
- I have eaten a lollipop with a scorpion in it.
- I like to fly kites.
11 Random Facts About Yotaan!
- I can whistle the Andy Griffith theme song.
- I don’t smell (much.)
- I like wearing colorful socks.
- One of my ears is slightly higher that the other.
- I’ve jumped out of an airplane (with a parachute.)
- I make it a point to eat alligator yearly.
- I fondly remember the Atari 2400, particularly playing Adventure!
- Autumn is my favorite season.
- I make a mean batch of Army Style Spaghetti.
- I refuse to check my /played in WoW.
- Fussypant’s mom helped me with this list.
Ok, nominations time! Many of the blogs that I read have already been nominated, but a few of my favorites still need one.
Player vs Developer
The Writing Corner
And your questions are…
1. What is your favorite noob moment in WoW or another video game (the more embarrassing, the better :D )?
2. You are going to be trapped in a hotel with your family for one week. You get to choose one book, one board game, and one video game to have for that week. What would you choose and why?
3. If you could have one WoW spell in real life, which one would you choose?
4. Zombies or Unicorns?
5. What is your favorite WoW joke/pun?
6. It’s the last day of WoW before the servers shut down permanently. What do you do?
7. All time favorite movie?
8. If you could kill off one WoW characters to bring another WoW character back, who would you kill and who would you bring back?
9. What was your first WoW character? (Calling it now, it was a night elf hunter!)
10. What was your first video game ever?
11. What is the one food that you want to try, but are too afraid to?