- Do Not Die!
- No Potions or Flasks used.
- No Elixirs (except those that count as elixirs for quests).
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- No Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm, or Pandaria dungeons or raids completed.
- No Battlegrounds or Arenas allowed.
- No Primary Professions allowed.
- No Secondary Professions allowed EXCEPT FIRST AID.
- No Talents, Specs or Glyphs allowed.
- Skills you have from your class (like Warlock Healthstones or Death Knight weapon enchants) ARE ALLOWED since these are available to your class without having to pick a talent, spec or glyph.
- No more than 9 pet battles.
- No gear higher than White quality.
- No food or other external buffs are allowed. Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you’re a Paladin) are okay!
- The heirloom mount *should not* be used before level 20, since your character wouldn’t normally have access to riding if they were a brand new character on a new battle.net account.
- General rule of thumb: Play your character like it’s the only one you have on your account. Don’t use your account-related bosts like the Water Strider mounts or anything else you wouldn’t already have on a single character for the account. Receiving anything from another character is against the spirit of the challenge: no gold, gear, bags, etc. Play with what you have been given for your lone character.
We’ve cut out a few of the rules (the no guild one mainly) but other than that, Yotaan and I are going to be sticking as close as we can to the Challenge. Both of us will be leveling, but not together in order to better follow the challenge. And yes, it will be a race to see who can get the highest without dying!
We’ve decided to roll hordies but we are letting you guys choose the classes. Come pick our poison!
Fussypants: Wait wait wait, you can’t just pick everything about my toon! Knowing some readers, I’d be playing a male orc warlock before I knew it!
I plan on leveling a goblin (because when I eventually do die, the death animation will be totally worth it). However, you guys can vote on the class! I did remove the classes I already play because where’s the fun in that?
Bonus points if you can come up with a goblin inspired name ending with ‘pants’!
Yotaan: I have always wanted to try this. Of course, I’m eager to show that this old man can outplay the young whipper snapper ‘pants!!
The best part is, of course, that we are playing Horde! FOR THE HORDE!!!!
Voting will end in about a week, so stay tuned!