It’s that time of year again, where foolish and pie in the sky goals are set to mark the passing of an old year into the new. Let’s see how Fussypants and Yotaan did on last year’s resolutions and what they will pledge to do next year!
Fussypants: My goals were:
1) Get the legendary cloak! (Sucess three times over!)
2) Level my druid (Success, she’s now my PvP main)
3) Stick to one main character till max level (Success, Fussypants was the first)
4) Every mount in game (Failure, this was a pipe dream)
5) Write for the blog all year (Excepting a few unavoidable breaks, I’d call this a success!)
So I guess I did pretty good! Next year I really want to focus on blogging with regularity and trying new things in WoW, so my New Year’s Resolutions are:
1) Update the blog once a week for the entire year (with the exception of predetermined hiatuses)
2) Make a serious attempt at arenas. I want to expand into different areas of the game.
3) Tank some current raids. I leveled my warrior with the sole purpose of tanking, and I have yet to do that on her.
4) Attempt the Ironman Challenge! I’ve always been curious about this, and I want to actually try it.
5) Start up RAOU again! I really enjoyed doing that, and I want to bring the column back
Yotaan: My goals were:
1) Beat Fussypants in getting the legendary cloak! (I was way ahead of her, but she beat me 2 times over!)
2) Play more WoW (yup, that happened alright)
3) Find all the rares in archeology on my dwarf monk (actually got pretty far but ran out of steam)
4) Get more reps up on Yotaan, he’s the toon with the most exalted reputations. (cleared a bunch, but not all of them, still Yotaan is still the toon with the most reps)
5) Write more in this blog. Fussypants has offered her views often, and it’s time for more contributions from a father’s perspective. (Well, not so good on this one. I did do one or two on my own, but we all know that Fussypants is the star of the show!)
Okay, maybe more reachable goals are in order this year:
1) Level Yotaan to max level while enjoying the story as he goes (that may be more relaxing too)
2) Get the legendary ring on Yotaan (boy, that will take forever!)
3) Play with Fussypants more often (we’ve been doing things independently a lot lately)
4) I like the Ironman Challenge! (I am happy to steal ideas.)
5) Help Fussypants more on her blog (not specifically writing articles, but providing other support too)
What are your New Years Resolutions?